Struggling again..

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
leegx
New User

Struggling again..

Postby leegx » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:39 am

Hi all, so I've posted my C-Diff experience on here previously. After 2 courses of Flagyl and 1 course of Vanco Taper I eventually began to feel somewhat human again. I've been great for 6-8 weeks to the point I would say I'm 99.9% recovered from C-diff. However this week I've noticed a great deal of fatigue, my stomach is going crazy with noises, my BM have been looser and I'm burping alot. I had blood in on one occasion this week as I've been frequently going. Then it sets the worries away again.
Its not WD, my stools were / are almost fully formed again for at least the last month. They are still forming, just I have the urgency to go and going a few times per day.

Does it sound like IBS? I've been trying to follow a strict diet, however I had some lasagne sauce and chocolate over the weekend. I get the same symptoms each time, when my stomach gets upset I get a headache and feel foggy.

When will this ever get better. Im scared

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Struggling again..

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:36 pm

Could be c diff but difficult to tell. See the three-day rule.

Know how upset you are, but "This, too, shall pass." Hang in there.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 pm

If it continues, get a test for c diff and also a stool culture in case it is some other pathogen.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:46 am

I do not think that Cdiff is back , it sounds more like a bad IBS flare because of your bad food choices . Give it a few more days and if it's not calming down , ask to be tested , at least for a peace of mind.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”