Fruits & Vegetables you can tolerate?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Jess93
New User

Fruits & Vegetables you can tolerate?

Postby Jess93 » Mon May 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Hello,

I'm on second round of Vanco and I'm trying to start eating more fruits and vegetables again. I'm also thinking about how my diet should be after I'm done with this round.

I understand that everyone's bodies react differently when they are dealing with C. Diff and the IBS that often occurs afterwards, but what works for you?

What vegetables were you able to incorporate early on? How did you cook them (if you did cook them)? What about fruits? Recipes?

Thank you!

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Fruits & Vegetables you can tolerate?

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon May 25, 2020 11:16 pm

As far as vegetables and fruits I only eat boiled green beans, boiled broccoli ( not both on the same day ) and one or two Banana per day.

I have had C-Diff since Feb 5th, I am on Dificid taper/extended right now
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Zay
Regular User

Postby Zay » Tue May 26, 2020 7:04 pm

I can eat peeled potatoes, cooked carrots, peas, green beans, squash, zucchini, cooked mushrooms, bananas, apples, berries, and mixed fruit cups, peaches, watermelon, grapes.

All vegetables were/are steamed, boiled, roasted, or cooked with a very little bit of oil. Apples are usually peeled and stewed.

The list of what my stomach tolerates now is a lot shorter than it used to be. I can't eat any raw veggies without pain, beans and lentils, corn, onions, and garlic, citrus, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, salad greens, anything spicy is a no go.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:31 pm

I would start with cooked vegetables and try to avoid raw, especially lettuce. Some people even have trouble with cooked. In the beginning, I made vegetable soup with potatoes, carrots, celery, zuchini and I pureed it in the blender. Fruit was more of a problem. After I got off meds, I could no longer tolerate bananas for some reason. Everyone is different. Usually bananas, applesauce works well with most. I can eat kiwi too.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”