Can food poisoning cause a relapses after 3yrs free of cdiff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Mike555
New User

Can food poisoning cause a relapses after 3yrs free of cdiff

Postby Mike555 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Hi every one last Saturday I got hit with a bad case of food poisoning. I was on the toilet at least 15 times that night. The next day never ate much but had 1 course of diarrhea then yesterday stool was formed and just went once. My stomach has been gassy and cramping still tho. Then this morning I went solid then about an hour later I had to go again and it was st8 watery diarrhea and now my stomach is aching and feels like I’m going to have diarrhea again. So my question is can food poisoning cause you to relapse?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Can food poisoning cause a relapses after 3yrs free of cdiff

Postby beth22 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:08 am

If you have food poisoning, you might have a different pathogen like e coli, salmonella, campylobacter, etc. If it continues, ask your doctor for a stool culture and if you think you have c diff, then they can do a test for that as well. I had campylobacter from eating undercooked chicken and the symptoms were the same as for c difficile.

Mike555
New User

Re: Can food poisoning cause a relapses after 3yrs free of cdiff

Postby Mike555 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:41 am

Ok thanks for the response Beth I am taking a stool sample tomorrow, sure feels like the same tho I’m praying it isn’t.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”