Does Difcid work after Flagyl and Vacno fail?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Does Difcid work after Flagyl and Vacno fail?

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:15 pm

I was on Flagyl for 8 days than switched to Vanco for 10 days. I relapsed 5 weeks post Vanco and started 10 days of Difcid yesterday.

Does Dificid work after Flagyl and Vanco failed ? I am worried that Falgyl and Vanco killed all of the good Bactria in gut and left no fighting chance for Dificid to fight the C-Diff.. I feel helpless, pessimistic and confused.

Has anyone relapsed on Vanco and was cured using Dificid?

my upper back hurts so much, it stated when I went on Flagyl, I thought it was side effect of Flagyl but 7 weeks later still hurts the same!
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Caligirl
Contributor

Re: Does Difcid work after Flagyl and Vacno fail?

Postby Caligirl » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:08 am

I never took Difficid, but I’ve been on this site for a year and a half and have seen quite a few people say that Difficid is finally what cured them after trying either Flagyl or Vanco (or sometimes both). Difficid is formulated for specifically target the c diff bacteria and has the best success rate for cure.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:16 am

yes, we have had posters who took Dificid after vanco or flagyl and they did not relapse anymore. You can look in the search box and find their posts.

KFM
New User

Postby KFM » Thu May 21, 2020 3:12 am

I relapsed twice on Vanco, and was cured on Difficid. I posted about my journey in the success stories section. I had to fight to get the drug covered, but it worked a miracle, for sure.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu May 21, 2020 10:48 am

My history goes back to 2014/2015. I had five relapses. Started with Flagyl, relapse. Vanco for two weeks, relapse. Vanco pulse taper for 3 months, relapsed. Dificid for 2 weeks, relapsed. At that time there were very few FMT's being done because the FDA had put a warning out.

I myself found a study on a DIficid taper and my GI had nothing else for me. I saw an ID who also had nothing else for me. I had lost 40 lbs and had been to the ER multiple times. They were all at a loss so I was allowed to do the Dificid taper. By the time I saw the only GI who would do the FMT four months later, he said complete the taper and we will see where you are. It was finally gone and the FMT was not necessary.

As I have recently mentioned on the site, sadly I currently have CDIFF after taking Keflex for a Kidney infection. I had also taken in a few months before for a UTI,
I just finished a Dificid taper. During that time I did not feel well. I had alot of bladder pressure again and low back pain. I even went in and had a UTI checked which was negative. Now that I am off Dificid, the symptoms are gone. I DO have Post IBS, things are all over the place. I have nausea most days, sticking to a very bland diet. Still feel very run down, I recall last time this lasted for a long time for me. Recovery can be slow. I had D one day and worried it was back. It is a roller coaster.

CHeck in with your GI about the back pain especially if it is severe.

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”