Six month flare?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Mmp
Regular User

Six month flare?

Postby Mmp » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Can you have flare ups of c diff? Or would that just be ibs? I haven't had any d but have been going more frequently with stomach cramps, bloating, gurgling, nauseous kind of like when I was in the early months of recovery. Is this just normal? I was doing pretty great feeling more normal and then bam went about 8 times ( all solid) and felt sick. Next day was like back to normal and now I am feeling it again.
Thank you guys for all your help!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Six month flare?

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:42 pm

It does sound like IBS, but even if it is a flare of c diff, it sounds very low grade. I have had that happen many times post c diff and have not had to treat. As long as you are not seeing D, bleeding, a lot of M, I would not worry about it. You can also check with your doctor. I used to just take Pepto for a day or two and that helped me.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”