32 days post Vanco and so tired

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

32 days post Vanco and so tired

Postby Ali-Mar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:01 pm

I completed 10 days Vanco treatment on March 20, 32 days ago, and still having so many issues. I am so tired all the time specially for last two days, cannot concentrate, and I have a very dry mouth today. I am having the usual abdominal discomforts. the BW are mushy but had only one today and 3 yesterday... It is very confusing I don’t know what is going on. I haven’t been this tired since I completed the Vanco. I am taking two Florastor and one VSL 3 per day, eating chicken breast, mash potato and banana and are little bit of steamed quinoa yesterday
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Spike
Contributor

Re: 32 days post Vanco and so tired

Postby Spike » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Just my thoughts so take it for what its worth. Your diet is bland which we need to heal gut however we lack nutrient that way with veggies and fruits. So if you can start trying them I would. Second, I was extremely tired and still am at 2 month out but slowly getting better. Thing I felt helped, multi vitamin, an extra vitamin d (I am low), talking daily walks. Third, I found probiotics make me very fatigued right after taking them. So I only take them at night. Trial and error here. Also I did not take vanco but dificid. My stool are not normal so I think normal too. Hope some of that helps.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Spike thank you for you replay,

I was also thinking the fatigue might be because of vitamin deficiency. I am afraid of taking the multivitamin, because mine has 250 mg of calcium and calcium supplement is the main contributor to wake up the dormant spores to germinate. I have vitamin D deficiency and have a RX for 125 Mg 50,000 unit once per week for D2, but I am hesitant to start that. I worry that it might worsen the PIS-IBS which can lead me to believe I am relapsing.

I eat some broccoli everyday , but that and two Banana are my only daily vegetable. I will look for a multivitamin that doesn’t contain calcium

https://www.mdmag.com/medical-news/calc ... -treatment
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:59 pm

I know it sound silly but I have never tolerated a multivitamin but the only one I can take is a children Flintstone with dinner. I looked at it and it doesnt have calcium. So there that. Also for the vitamin d I am at 2,000 daily. So maybe talk to your doctor about doing a different dosage maybe daily. I found it has 0 effects on my stools. I have to do it this way because well breastfeeding. So sometimes we have to be creative now because of c diff.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:29 pm

That is great, thanks Spike will order the Flinstone right now, my doctors wanted me to start with high dose to build up for few weeks and then lower it to lower dose.. Are you talking D2?

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:15 pm

No it is a D3. Your body absorbs d3 better than d2 I believe but don't quote me on that.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:51 pm

The Filnstone chewable that i see on Amazon seems to have 100Mg of Calcium - that type do u have?

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:55 pm

I have the gummies.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:43 am

I went through extreme fatigue after my Vanco taper. I could barely tolerate swallowing vitamins until I found gummies. I started taking a Women's daily and vitamin D3, but was still fatigued. I added B12 sublingual, and it really helped.

I am 3 months out and still struggling with PI IBS. I am on a bland diet and I don't seem to process some food, but my energy is better. I still have my limits, esp. on days when D is active. Looking back, things have gradually improved. Some of us just take longer to heal.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”