5 Weeks Post Dificid

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Elvish2
Contributor

5 Weeks Post Dificid

Postby Elvish2 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:24 am

Hey all,
Just wanted to post a quick update. Today I'm five weeks out from finishing a Dificid pulse/taper, and I'm doing pretty well, all things considered! I still have some ups and downs, along with days where my anxiety spikes, but many of my symptoms (like fatigue, constant bloating/gassiness, and the more recent bladder spasms) have improved notably, even if I'm not 100% back to "normal" yet. The fear of relapse still lurks in the back of my mind (hoping I'll have less trepidation after I hit the 8 week and then 3-month out mark), but trying to accept the slow and steady process of healing.
2011: contracted c-diff after taking Amoxicillin and Cipro. Successfully treated with Flagyl taper. (Posts under old username, Elvish)

2020: contracted c-diff after taking Augmentin. Finished Dificid taper/pulse on 3/15.

Caligirl
Contributor

Re: 5 Weeks Post Dificid

Postby Caligirl » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:17 am

I’m so glad to hear that you’re doing well! I’m not sure when my anxiety and fear of relapse subsided, but I do know that at one point I had D a couple of times one day, and I wasn’t terrified that it was a relapse. You will get through this and you will be able to go through your day to day like normal!

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: 5 Weeks Post Dificid

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:41 pm

I am very glad to hear that you are doing well. I finished my 10 days Vanco treatment on March 20. 4 weeks and 1 day ago. I had on and off days, but the off days were normally because I added a new food to my diet. In other words, I had an idea or suspicion to why I was having an off day. But today is little unusual. I stopped adding new food my diet to avoid off days. I was doing for good until yesterday. But today, I already had 3 BMs, mushy, and it is only 11:30 AM here in PST, I normally have one BM per day. I have cramping and constant urge for BM, and some growling noice in GI, little dizziness and fatigue. I am getting very nervous that it will get worst. I am concerns because I haven’t eaten anything new yesterday or today, so I shouldn’t be having an off day.. I also have constant headache.
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”