Fear I am relapsing

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Spike
Contributor

Fear I am relapsing

Postby Spike » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:56 am

I know when I write this out people are going to think I am crazy but I havent ever had the traditional 20x D. The past week things have been slowly going south for me. Starting to have lack of appetite, waves of nausea, hair falling out, fatigue, abdominal cramps, and stool have been borderline D and getting worse, and that smell again. Most of flu like symptoms went away after treatment. I had more of the flu like symptoms when I was diagnosed. I have been very patient with this recovery and trying to stay positive but this past weeks has me really questioning if I am relapsing. Not really sure what to do. Maybe I try going back to probiotics again but never found they helped greatly. I been struggling with my ears still and they had on flonase and Sudafed so maybe that a culprit. I dont know. I just don't follow the rules so not sure where I fall in all this. Finally have a ENT appoitment Monday to figure the ears out (virtual). I just wish I could also figure out my gut too. Any warm words out there?

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Re: Fear I am relapsing

Postby hledgess » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:38 pm

Totally with you right now.. how long have you been off meds? Bc I’m 5 weeks out and was doing good until a weeks ago.. I feel like death all day and just lay on the heating pad .. can’t eat and keep losing weight ..stool Isn’t good and I will call the dr Monday even though im scared of covid .. the hospitals are pretty empty so it shouldn’t be too bad, that’s where the office is and if they want me to test..
I never had the 20x a day either and had weird symptoms before the D came but then I got on meds so that subsided and my symptoms went away very fast.. but 3 months of vanco later I thought I’d be ok.. but I don’t feel ok.. have u gone to the dr? Tested ? Or is it too soon?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:36 am

You haven't mentioned anything about frequency . Abnormal stool with strange colors and smell it can be due to malabsorbtion , unbalanced gut flora etc , but frequency (along with abnormal stool) can be a indicator of a reoccurrence . Are you keeping a diet ? What probiotics have you tried so far?

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:44 am

I am going only once a day. I know doesn't follow the 3 x3 rule. When diagnosis it was only 2 -3 but had the same consistency I have now. I tried some off brand of probiotic and it made me sicker than c diff itself. I then have tried yogurt which was a no go. I also have tried florastor is small amount and it does okish. I also can handle small amounts of kefir. Sometimes those work and then some days it doesn't. As for my diet I been trying to get back to regular diet (based off what dad has said in previous post and what I felt was right too). I don't do anything really spicy, fiber heavy, or heavy dairy filled. For some reason I cant do turkey burger either. I have not been back to the doctor as I know healing process can take time and been patient and haven't jumped the gun. I also have not been tested since treatment because well of everyone's advice here and it hasn't been extremely bad but yesterday was one of the worst days I have had. I didn't eat anything out of the extra ordinary either. I went back to my old regimen of probiotic last night and see if they cant help me take back over. Wish it was just the gut I had to deal with but my ear are just as bad. One day I will be well again. Hoping tomorrow bring some answer to one of my problems. My kids want their old mom back. I will keep fighting.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:19 pm

My doctors had me take small doses of Pepto Bismol with my meals. Ask your doctor about that. There is also a product that is RX called EnteraGam that is for IBS. Some posters say it has helped. An OTC medication is IBGard. That is encapsulated peppermint and some posters have had improvement with that too. I would ask your doctor about all of these and see what he/she says. If they want you to test, do it. If it is negative, maybe it will give you some peace of mind.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:31 pm

Thanks for the advise Beth. Sorry I am delayed replying as life is busy with a toddler and home schooling now. I wish I could take peto but due to breast feeding it is out of question. I did go back to florastor and my small amount of kefir and thing are going back to my crappy stools but not making me panic stools. I do have questran but been holding off on that to see if the body rights it self. I finally saw a doctor about my ears! Finally found a doctor that helping and know risk of c diff. The next week I have to expect stools wont be great as he putting me on a combo of thing he said might irritate my gut but he said this is better than his plan b of a oral steriod. Anyone know how bad steriods are and c diff? He really doeant want me on them because of c diff and covid and said it second to last resort. I so glad he is be considerate all around. I didn't contact my GI doctor as I going to just keep calm for a while and see how my ear pan out and being kind to the gut. If things aren't improving greatly I will give him an email. Thank you.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”