Dropping off samples or dr visits in hospital during covid19?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Dropping off samples or dr visits in hospital during covid19?

Postby hledgess » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:54 am

So things were better the day before last but yesterday put me back in pain not able to eat and lots of gurgling that ended in a bathroom trip .. it had now woke me up gurgling .. I have a dr app the 7th and its inside the hospital.. also my dr had said if things get worse to test but once again it’s inside an even bigger hospital where the lab is .. would you guys go? Or see how bad you really got first? Or risk it? Im on a fb group and everyone said to video chat it(idk if I have that option) and if I need to take in a sample I don’t have a choice but to take it in there .. advice? Opinions on what you’d do personally? I’m torn between hating feeling like this and scared about that and being scared of corona

roy
Administrator

Re: Dropping off samples or dr visits in hospital during covid19?

Postby roy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:22 am

Time to accept your well and stop worrying.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:06 am

How can I do that when I can’t sleep bc of the pain and cramping and urge to go.. the D last night .. the gas the gurgling .. I’m not understanding.. is this recovery then? That’s been my question and no one seems to want to answer .. it’s been too many years I don’t remember any of this and was just thrown on questran back then.. don’t remember theses symptoms so I wanted to know what recovery was like for people and if I’m just going through what everyone does

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:43 am

How many days of WD have you had and how many BM per day? Can it be something new that you eat, or food tolerance? I am not an expert and it is my 1st time contracting C - Diff, but I will test if I had few days of WD ( 3 days rule).. I don’t know if a dr visit in person be any better than just talking to him over the phone.. I wouldn’t risk going to dr office if phone consulting is option. Dropping the test might be lesser risk as visiting doctor office, as you can keep your distance etc ?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:09 pm

Dropping would be at the lab at the hospital.. but I heard it’s a ghost town and not too many ppl .. but I never had water D really. 2 right before starting meds and when I’d go down a dose . I had D last Monday.. but this week has been odd.. like it’ll be formed and at the end D .. today idk .. I went twice yesterday.. felt fine at first but then felt bad after eating a snack .. then felt like I had to go all day and night til like 8.. finally went . It wasn’t WD maybe at the end but was hard to tell but it wasn’t formed at all anymore .. yea it’s all confusing and scary bc of the virus rn

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:34 pm

This sounds like what most of us are going through after the treatment, which I assume it is part of healing. Most folks here says they have tenesmus including me, and the BM are seems to start formed and than ended up mushy ... in that case, I wouldn’t risk seeing a dr..
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Thanks so much .. hoping the gurgling, cramps and pain go away along with what I just said! I know only time will heal but man it needs to hurry bc I wanna gain weight and be able to so something other than lay on a heating pad

dstick5a
New User

Postby dstick5a » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:23 pm

I'm going through a similar thing. Gurgling and gas. Stool is more solid. Wonder how long till my gut heals

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:09 am

Guess we’ll find out .. pm me if you want to talk ..

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:52 pm

How long has been since you finished the treatment Dstick5a? I have been off Vanco for 11 days and still goring through something similar

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”