Antibiotics after FMT

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
scd
New User

Antibiotics after FMT

Postby scd » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:49 am

I had an FMT about 6 months ago. I think I have UTI. I cannot do this agaiN. For those who have had fmt, have you been able to take antibiotics successfully without relapse? I can’t end up in hospital because of covid. Please help. I’m 21 :( please help

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Antibiotics after FMT

Postby Ali-Mar » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:46 am

Do you know if you are still a C-Diff carrier?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

scd
New User

Postby scd » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:53 pm

I am PCR negative. But I am still scared.

Dani
New User

Postby Dani » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi, I had an fmt and got a Uti two months after. I was able to take Macrobid along with Vanco and did ok. I now take a daily supplement Ellura to prevent uti’s which has been keeping things clear .

DianaLyn
New User

Postby DianaLyn » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:40 pm

Yes, I took bactrim several times with no issues.

Be sure to drink lots of kefir 30 mins after your antibiotics.

And take florastor with your antibiotics.

ste
Brand New Poster

Postby ste » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:37 am

I don't know how it works with other medications/supplements if you are taking any, but for UTIs the only thing (non-antibiotic) that helped me was D-Manose. I had gone insane trying to figure out alternatives to antibiotics after getting recurrent UTIs so I found this through a post at a blog and gave it a try, which turned out to work for me.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:31 am

Although ANY antibiotic can give you Cdiff back there are some safer then others .Bactrim or Microbid are low offenders , but you need to get a culture /antibiogram done first to be sure if one of those two is right for you. Up your probiotic intake , and pray .

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”