Almost 2 years out, pregnant and scared

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Aurora
New User

Almost 2 years out, pregnant and scared

Postby Aurora » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:33 pm

Hello. It’s been a while. I was diagnosed in September 2018 3 months after taking Clindamycin for drug resistant mastitis. I was ok after 10 days of Vanco. I have had a few off days here and there since then, but normally it goes away. Fast forward to now. I am 14 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby, and anxious about all of it. Will I have the same mastitis struggles? Will I be safe during my hospital stay? Etc.

I have also been having some D days in and off for 2 weeks. I don’t quite fit the 3x a day for 3 day rule, but it’s stressful. A few times it’s been watery but only once and then fine the rest of day. Until the next day and it may happen again. I take my Jarrow s boullardii as I always have. I eat how I normally eat. Is it just a bug? Some IBS? Stress? Surely if it were the return of c diff it would be more constant than once in a day, right? Just so stressed right now.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Almost 2 years out, pregnant and scared

Postby beth22 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:21 pm

If you have not been on antibiotics recently, I think the chances are low for c difficile, but being pregnant does lower immune system some. It also messes with your hormones and that might be a factor. I am sure with all the news about the virus you must be stressed. I know I am. I would talk to your doctor about it if it concerns you or gets worse.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Almost 2 years out, pregnant and scared-

Postby Ali-Mar » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:07 pm

Can a test clarify if it is C-Diff or not? Have you been a carrier sine the last infection ?
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Aurora
New User

Postby Aurora » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:47 pm

I was never tested again after recovery.

Aurora
New User

Postby Aurora » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:37 pm

4 days have passed and I seem to be fine again. I stopped drinking my morning cup of coffee (half-caff) and I am wondering if I am just not tolerating the coffee during pregnancy this time around. I know caffeine is a no-no, but that is why I was doing half reg/half decaf and just one cup. I’m a teacher working from home 8 hours a day while I have my 2 year old and 6 year old home as well. That one cup of coffee was pure heaven. Lol. But I guess if it was stressing my stomach, better off without.

Aurora
New User

Postby Aurora » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:48 pm

And we are back at it today. This is so stressful. I also always have the feeling at the back of my mind that if I didn’t take the s boullardii everyday, the c diff would return full force for sure. I honestly have a fear of not taking it.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:11 pm

I wold test for the C-Diff to get a peace of minds
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”