Dr wants me to test I’m scared it’s not gone

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Dr wants me to test I’m scared it’s not gone

Postby hledgess » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi everyone .. I had posted a couple days ago but no one responded .. I since called the dr and they’re not sure that my symptoms are normal recovery.. I got an app for April 7th and the Dr said to drop off a sample soon if things don’t get better .. but to hold off til at least Sunday bc that will be two weeks... I’m in so much pain in my belly and back, nausea, no appetite, cramps after I go.. sharp pain in my lower area after I go .. feeling like I need to go. My belly burns all over.. anyone have these things as a recovery? Or did your dr have you test again as well? Besides the bms which I won’t put bc it’s not tmi section

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Dr wants me to test I’m scared it’s not gone

Postby beth22 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:16 am

Two weeks is probably long enough if you are going to test. Yes, some people do get these types of symptoms with IBS and recovery, but if you are worried about it, then test like the doctor said for peace of mind.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:11 am

Ty for responding . .. I’m just miserable but if it’s just recovery it’s fine and I’d get through it .. but if I get worse or not better he said to test.. I just wanted to see if anyone else had issues after stopping meds.. first week was ok .. it was the second week off of them

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:13 am

My GI dr tested my 7 days after completing the Vanco. The Toxin Gene PCR test was negative. He also wanted to test for the Antigene and Toxin, at the same time, but I have not dropped off the sample for that yet, will do that when I reach two week. I think there was mention of false negative on this site, if test it done less than two weeks after the treatment
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:01 pm

Dr SHOULD NOT TEST if you dont have D!
A positive result means nothing after treatment.
ONLY symptoms indicate it's gone.
Some Drs will want to treat just because a test is positive and that's NOT the way c.diff works!

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Postby LHutz » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:01 am

Are you taking probiotics? I experienced a lot of bloating and gas the first few months into my recovery. Probiotics seemed to make it worse. But even after I stopped the probiotics I still had the bloating and gas. Once I learned what foods I could not tolerate things got much better.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:48 pm

The gas cramps seem to be before the bm .. and then the pain and bloating is after the bm.. if that makes sense .. I am taking probiotics.. I thought that was how we get the good to out number the bad bacteria .. been having weird bm.. yesterday I sit to bc I took a lot of pepto the day before but took advantage on how good I felt so cleaned for 6 hours and ate a lot! But today have already gone twice and one being D.. and feel like i have to again but haven’t ate yet.. hoping this is just recovery

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”