Need wise words

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Spike
Contributor

Need wise words

Postby Spike » Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Today I am having a tough day. Yesterday I had two bowel movements. Last night after dinner I became very nauseated. Today I woke up still having some nausea and feeling I have to go but dont. I am emotionally falling apart also. I dont know if I am slowly relapsing or what. After treatment I was free of flu like symptoms and emotions were improving. I did not have the traditional WD at diagnosis I was just going 3 times a day that were not formed, smelly stool with flu like symptoms of nausea, muscle aches, fatigue and extreme emotions. I really want to try florestor but afraid I won't tolerated because every other probiotic thing I tried makes me sick. I am a week and 2 days out of dificid. I have yet to have normal bowel movement through all of this. I hate that there is no normalcy to this healing. Like what to expect. So frustrating. Just having a pitty party today.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Need wise words

Postby beth22 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:36 pm

If you want to try Florastor, empty a small amount into something you tolerate like applesauce and try it. If you have no issues, you can always increase.

Zay
Regular User

Postby Zay » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:03 am

Healing is rough. It has been over a month from my past treatment and I deal with daily pain and go from normal BMs to constipation and days of fatigue or nausea. It isn't fun, but little by little you will notice the pain is a little less, and you will start having good days, and while it can be depressing you will find ways of dealing.

Beth is right, try it that way. If you can't handle other probiotics, try it in food form. Suja makes 2 probiotic juices with bacteria that reportedly helps prevent reoccurrence, there is Kefir, kombucha (try different kinds they all don't taste good and avoid the ones with alcohol, fermented saurkraut (not canned), fermented pickles, yogurt, yakult drinks. If you don't like any of that try eating more prebiotics which feed the good bacteria you do have remaining. Tapioca, bananas, garlic, apple pulp, etc

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:21 pm

Beth- I bought the baby florestor that is powder mix at the same strength as the capsules. This way I will be able to control the dosing. I going to start way small.

Zay- it is so weirdly comforting to know it sounds like you are exactly like me. However, I havent had the constipation. I been trying to eat my way to a healthy gut. However, I cant tolerate garlic at all it gets me so so nauseated. So that eliminated my fermented pickles. I doing kefir in very small amounts as I cant handle a lot. Yogurt is a no go. I trying to do my best to remain optimistic but it so hard when I feel like nothing is going in the right direction (dealing with many health things right now) I keep the say thus to shall pass but it doesn't seem like it is. I long so bad to be the mom I use to be. I guess one day at a time. I would stand on my head for hours if it ment getting better faster.

Zay
Regular User

Postby Zay » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:31 pm

You sound very much like me too and misery loves company. :)

Not that we like each other being miserable, but it is comforting knowing you aren't alone. I too miss being the homemaker I once was and I feel like a useless potato most days, but trying to be optimistic is key and slowly working your way to getting back to normal is key. I am finally to the point where I can do a chore or two a day and I don't need daily naps anymore.

Here is what I been doing. I try to stretch everyday and get some sunlight. It is good for your immune system. On bad days, I rest if I have to and if I have a lot of pain laying down with a heating pad helps. Believe it or not sometimes walking around helps with the bloat.

If you can't handle those then stay away from them. There are so many wonderful foods that are prebiotics and there are lists all over the internet.

You'll get there. I have my days where I feel like my quality of life will always be this way, but I have read so many things about others who have dealt with this for months to a year. It seems like forever, but it isn't and one day this will all be behind us and we will be back to our old selves. You got this!

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:15 pm

I am doing stretches as I dealing with extreme back pain with this. I am seeing PT. I live where it cold so it tough to get out but I do when I get above 40. Just extremely fatigued today. Nausea gone down but I cut out the kefir so I guessing that might have been the culprit. I just so tired. It been such a fight mentally and physically. I got myself a new PCP as my other one wouldn't get back to me so I had enough and going to my husbands that been a god send for him and she has good reviews. I left messages for a week for mine and she yet to get back to me. Ridiculous. The doctors wonder why they get such a bad name in this town. Until then, one day at a time. I will beat all of this hopefully sooner than later.

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Postby LHutz » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:21 am

Hang in there. Your body is still healing. I’m 15 months out and still have food sensitivities that I didn’t before c. diff. Lettuce, cabbage, garlic, and beans all cause problems for me now. I used to eat them without any issue, but if I eat them now, I pay the price. That feeling of having to go (tenesmus) drove me nuts for a while. It lessened over time.

I took Floarstor for a few weeks after finishing Vanco, but at the time, it caused a lot of gas and bloating for me, so my Dr. said I could stop taking it. I am able to tolerate it fine now.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:58 pm

Thanks for the replyLHutz. I tried the florastor last night. An 1/8 of a teaspoon of the teaspoon baby dose. Guess what nausea back this morning. I have yet to find one that doesn't cause nausea. Its so frustrating. I hope not taking one doesn't hinder me. Wish I could do something more. 2 weeks out of meds tomorrow.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:17 pm

Most probiotics are gonna mess with you at first. I give any new brand I try a week and not even that if it’s brutal on my system. I just started on Phillips colon health and the first week was unpleasant but has settled down to normal. I’m almost a year out and some foods go right through me. But D doesn’t freak the bejesus out of me like it did 10 months ago.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:36 pm

Thanks d1dad. I decided to give this a go for a week. If I still horrible nauseated at that time I will stop. If thing get better I will increase my dose.

Side note. The PCP who I was able to get in with (my husband doctor that amazing for him) area of interest is infectious disease, family medicine, and women's health. These are all areas I need help in right now. I am hoping I finally can get every thing taken care of. I still will use my second GI doctor though who treated me for the C diff. I just found out my first GI doctor I saw got fired this week.....

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:40 am

I tried several probiotics before I found one that halfway agreed with me. I take VSL#3. But, everyone is different.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:24 am

For me MEgasporebiotic is the one probiotic that helped me the most.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:08 am

How’s things goin? I know with me, the first 2-3 months maybe even into 6 was an emotional roller coaster. The biggest thing that kept me going was to compare what was going on, versus how I felt and what I went through when I was diagnosed. My case was textbook. Going 20-30 times a day while being feverish with a pounding heart rate. I had to do a physical the day after I finished flagyl and my heart rate was 105 and had elevated blood pressure. I contribute the BP to flagyl being the nastiest drug a doc can prescribe. There was almost a barrier I broke through at some point when my gut kind of took over and straightened itself out. You’ll get there! Days turn to weeks and weeks into months. I’m officially about 1 year removed from that nightmare. Stay positive and know that things will improve.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:19 am

I did not have those glaring symptoms. I am doing better even though I not even close to my normal. My biggest problem is the abdominal pain right now. Its not cramping pain but more of like burning pain in the intestines. I had my most normal stool today and I guess I could say my energy might be slowly coming back. My energy is still not even close to where I like it to be. I will be three weeks out of meds tomorrow. I able to tolerate the 1/8 of baby florastor and 1 Flintstone vitamin. I slowly introducing vegetable in this week. I been so scared of them prior to this as I didnt want to set myself backwards. I blew out my ear drum again last night blowing my nose so I am frustrated with that. I trying so hard to get better but it has been soooooo slow it gets me frustrated. Having two young kiddos I need to be better like yesterday.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:30 pm

Yeah I remember the burning intestines. One day I was fine and the next felt like I swallowed bleach. Once your diet gets better and you can get your strength back the energy will come back. Slowly, but it’ll come back. Unfortunately there’s not a lot you can do to rush the healing.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”