Diagnosed with bacterial meningitis

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jayut
New User

Diagnosed with bacterial meningitis

Postby jayut » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:32 pm

Hello,

I have been prescribed 20 days of IV Ceftraloxin 2g BID via PICC line. I had C. Diff 3 years ago from oral doxylamine, cefdiner, or flagyl for suspected Lyme.

Is IV Ceftraloxin a risk for causing C. Diff?

I'm currently taking bacterial probiotic + yogurt + kefir + Saccharomyces boulardii daily. Any thoughts on this?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Diagnosed with bacterial meningitis

Postby NanciT » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:40 pm

I would highly suggest having your current physician who is treating you call and speak with your GI.

Let them decide what proper route you should take.

I hope you feel better soon

NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Diagnosed with bacterial meningitis

Postby georgina » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:28 am

ANY antibiotic can cause CDiff , although some are safer then others . Cephaloxin is a first generation of cephalosporin family witch i think is a middle of the road offender . Fingers crossed that you finish the course without having to fight Cdiff again.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”