Negative Test and Relapsing

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
cksa22
Brand New Poster

Negative Test and Relapsing

Postby cksa22 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:00 am

Hello. I am in the middle of Vanco Taper. I had EIA toxin a and b test done which came back negative. Can I relapse even after testing negative? New here. Also since taper only soft serve stool....and have not had normal BM yet....when will thar occur if negative...after the taper? Thank you.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Negative Test and Relapsing

Postby NanciT » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:00 pm

Hello
If you are in the middle of a taper and treatment, the test should be negative. Most GI's do not test even after medication is complete. During treatment for CDIFF symptoms and BM's can be all over the place. You may feel great one day, but not the next. The same goes for when medication is complete. It takes time for the gut to heal. Everyone is different in recovery. Some faster than others.
One thing most do not do is test.

This illness is not like so many others where you take medication and are back to "normal" the next few days. Sometimes it can be awhile, stick to a bland diet and give the gut time to rest as you come off the medication.

Give yourself time to finish the medication and heal

Hope things improve soon

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”