On the mend

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sammi79
Contributor

On the mend

Postby sammi79 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:11 pm

I went to the ED 2 weekends ago, which I wrote about. Followed up with my GI a few days later. He wanted to do a colonoscopy because of the amount of bleeding I was having in correlation with the results of my CT. He also had me start to taper that week after having been on 6 weeks of Vanco. After a few days of doing down from 4 to 3 Vancos per day, almost all of my symptoms stopped. The bleeding, horrible lower abdominal cramping, the nausea...it all went away. So, I called and cancelled my colonoscopy until June (if needed). I just went down to 2 pills a days this past Thursday and things haven't been better in months. I am almost "normal". On occasion, I have a small gurgle but I have been able to increase the amount and types of food I eat (still being very cautious of many things), but I can eat more than pasta, eggs, and rice cakes. I don't have to run to the bathroom at random times and I have had not 1 accident since the tapering began. I feel human-ish again.

I think the Vanco was starting to do more harm than good as I have improved greatly in the "movement" department since weaning off. Physically, I feel stronger and am not as tired as I have been in the past 2 months. I am staying out of work this week, and will try to return the 1st week of March. I really hope that I continue on this path because I am sure a relapse would send me off the emotional deep end. I am craving human intimacy again, which is something I know we all avoid when sick.

I am so happy that I cancelled my colonoscopy. I wouldn't have had things not improved when the taper started, but they did and so drastically, that my gut was literally telling me it was time to stop the Vanco. That prep would have wiped out every good thing that I have been trying to build the past few months and that made me so nervous!!!!!

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Re: On the mend

Postby hledgess » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:13 pm

I too felt my best at the two a day mark.. wonder why

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”