STUDENT4 MOVED FROM CASE HISTORIES

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Bobbie
Administrator

STUDENT4 MOVED FROM CASE HISTORIES

Postby Bobbie » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi everyone!

I am new to this support group. I am a 22 year old female in college. I say that with sadness because my senior year has been full of hospitalizations, medications, and pain. I was prescribed antibiotics three months ago for a skin infection which resulted in me getting heavy D and dehydration--C.Diff. To make matters worse, I was misdiagnosed with "Traveler's D" and given more unneeded antibiotics resulting in two hospitalizations with severe C.Diff. I have been on Vancomycin twice now and I just started Dificid after my second recurrence recently. If this fails, I have to do a FMT according to my GI. This has all been a shock because I was a healthy young woman my entire life. Now I am getting used to hospitals and taking medicine every day. Unfortunately, I had to withdraw from my school semester because of C. Diff so me and the bacteria are currently on bad terms lol. I now have anxiety and PTSD from C.Diff which causes just as much emotional pain as physical. A lot of times I want to give up because of this debilitating bacteria, but I know I just have to keep on fighting! I am praying for everyone to get cured and those who have gotten cured to remain healthy. I will update through my journey!

Sincerely,

The Student who wants to return to class

P.S. if anyone has success stories with Dificid please share. Any type of positivity is much needed! I appreciate it

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: STUDENT4 - MOVED FROM CASE HISTORIES

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:04 pm

I moved this list from Case Histories since you had questions and Case Histories are not there for responrses.

Welcome to the site. Please read the first forum for site info and how to post. You are young - a plus for you in your recovery.

Hang in there and keep,posting.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: STUDENT4 MOVED FROM CASE HISTORIES

Postby beth22 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:14 am

We have had posters who failed vanco and Dificid did the trick for them and got rid of the c difficile. Dificid was not yet out when I failed vanco, but FMT helped me. See how you do with the Dificid, but FMT has helped many too. Keep us posted.

Spike
Contributor

Re: STUDENT4 MOVED FROM CASE HISTORIES

Postby Spike » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:09 am

I just want to chime in and say I hope the Dificid does the trick for you. I am now on day two of recovery after the medicine. I hope in three months we both will be writing our success stories. This has really taken a toll to in my life and I am fairly young as well. We will get through it one day at a time.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”