Is treatment working correctly?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sammi79
Contributor

Is treatment working correctly?

Postby sammi79 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:44 am

I was put on 125mg Vanco QID on Dec 31st. I took that dose until Jan 16th when I was switched to 250mg QID. Since things have been trying to form. They are small and soft but definitely formed. That happens half the time. The other half they are back to having blood and D. I even had an accident on Friday morning as I was getting my son ready for school. Not an oops passing of gas, but a real accident. I was devastated. But then, things went back to being softly formed in the afternoon.

I am feeling defeated but keep telling myself it has just been a week on the new dose and I am seeing some thing improve. Should I call my doctor tomorrow or is this par for the course? I go back to see him in a week and don’t know if I should just wait?

I have been eating toast, eggs, noodles (plain), some fruit and vegetables if they dont upset my stomach and NO DAIRY.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Is treatment working correctly?

Postby Ril » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Be careful with fruit and vegetables. Most are usually high fiber and irritating to the gut. The only vegetables that are well tolerated are ones that are well cooked and soft like those in soups that do not have pulpy skins.
You say you are seeing improvement and your stool is forming. If it keeps improving it is going in the right direction however if by tomorrow you continue to have d however I would call the dr and ask about being switched to Difficid. After 10 days on the higher dose of vanco if you continue to have watery d you should inquire about revising meds.

Good luck
Rita

roy
Administrator

Re: Is treatment working correctly?

Postby roy » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:30 pm

If symptoms continue go back to your Dr.
If it's not responding to that huge amount of vanco then it might not be c.diff thats causing the symptoms.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”