Constant Nausea and Rectal Pressure

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
sammi79
Contributor

Constant Nausea and Rectal Pressure

Postby sammi79 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:53 am

My Dr. called me last night to check in on me. I told him I was doing ok and things were trying to form again since bumping up to 250mg Vanco on Friday. I was in a store, however, and didn't want to talk about the rectal pressure I have. What can I do about that???? Will that just eventually get better? My daughter and I were at the mall yesterday and I did not eat smart and paid for it later. I know better but the smells of the food wiped away my common sense momentarily. I wonder if that has something to do with the extra pressure I've been feeling since eating it?

I did ask my doctor about Zofran for the nausea I feel all day and he said no, that Zofran with CDIFF can increase the risk of toxic megacolon. I'll deal with the nausea and try some teas. I am going in for bloodwork today because he wants to make sure that nothing else like an electrolyte imbalance is going on. Does anyone have any tricks to help with nausea? Is that most likely from the Vanco and not CDIFF?

I don't know if the Vanco is helping as much or as quickly as it should. Things are trying to form, but it's not consistent and the CDIFF smell, which I haven't had thus far, has appeared since going up to 250mg. Is it just my system getting rid of it?

I just want to go back to work. I want to be able to leave my house without planning when I eat and if I'll have to go to the bathroom. I want to be able to sit up and watch tv, not lie down because of pressure in my bum. Ok, pity party over...

ColeB
New User

Re: Constant Nausea and Rectal Pressure

Postby ColeB » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:42 pm

For me the pressure you’re describing went away when I started vanco and I was completely normal by day 3.. but everyone is different. The pressure you’re describing sucks and is extremely uncomfortable.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:21 pm

I was diagnosed and went on Vanco Nov 22, and just went off a taper 6 days ago. I still feel rectal pressure, some days more than others. Throughout this ordeal I discovered a couple of things. The amount of my nausea seems to correlate to the amount pressure I feel. Likewise there's also a correlation of both to the food I eat. At the suggestion of another poster I started keeping a food diary. I've discovered my symptoms lesson when I eat poached eggs or cottage cheese. They are now my "go-to" diet on bad days.

As ColeB mentioned, everyone is different, but I hope this helps.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:52 pm

SEA BANDS really helped my nausea throughout CDIFF and after

NanciT

sammi79
Contributor

Postby sammi79 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

I have noticed over the past few days there is a huge correlation over what I eat and how I feel. Even when I think I am eating bland, it has not been bland enough. I didn't have that the past 2 times I was diagnosed with CDIFF. I could eat mostly anything with little effect. Grrrrrrr……

So yesterday I ate oatmeal, toast with peanut butter and a plain turkey sandwich. Minimal nausea throughout the day and this morning the best formed BM I've had in weeks. Still nothing impressive, but I feel like if I really pay attention, I can and will make myself feel a little better.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:54 pm

I didn’t read your initial posts but if you had D like I did then it’s gonna take time to heal that department. I was the healthiest person in the world but after Cdiff I was convinced that I had colorectal cancer, I probably needed my gall bladder removed and or at the very least hemorrhoid surgery. Cdiff for me was the equivalent of swallowing a scud missile but everything healed and is back to normal and was within 6 months. It turned me into what I couldn’t stand and that’s a hypochondriac. That passed as well.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”