Update / deep breath

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
ColeB
New User

Update / deep breath

Postby ColeB » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 am

I’m far from out of the woods, but I wanted to share an update for other people in the precious several week window post vanco/antibiotics

Timeline
-diagnoses end of December
- 10 day vanco
-7 days post vanco had phenomenal BMs- best ever even before c dif
- day 8 3 loose BMs
- day 9 around 7 loose BMs with mucus

At this point I became slightly depressed. I was FOR SURE I was relapsing. I even called in to my Dr to fill the vanco taper which he did. However, due to this site I decided to wait as I wasn’t having true WD or even D. Day 10 I had around 4 BMs, day 11 two BMs and since then just 1 or 2. Still definitely not solid, but semi formed. My stomach also seems quite a bit calmer.

One thing I did change was dropping my S Boulardii (Florastor) from 1.5G to 500mg a day (6 pills to 2) which seems odd it would cause 5+ loose stools considering it usually causes constipation if anything. Not saying that’s what’s helped, just saying.

As I said earlier, I’m far from out of the woods but if it wasn’t for this site I would be taking my next round of vanco right now. I hope I continue to progress. This Thursday will be 2 weeks post vanco

This AM I was about 70% formed with decent amount of mucus. I’ll take it

For those of you who just finished antibiotics, I know you’re walking on eggshells hyper alert. If things aren’t completely normal stay calm, and trust the 3 day / 3 WD rule

MeliMel
Regular User

Re: Update / deep breath

Postby MeliMel » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:51 pm

ColeB,
Glad to see your symptoms have been improving! This Tuesday marked 2 weeks since finishing my last Dificid treatment. I actually started having some mucus yesterday. Just like you, I am once again waiting it out to see how things go. Gotta love this part! So far mucus has decreased in comparison to yesterday. Staying hopeful.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Update / deep breath

Postby beth22 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:23 am

Not everyone gets C from Florastor. I got much looser stools. I stopped taking it because it made me feel worse instead of better and also got a rash from it.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”