Antibiotics after

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Mmp
Regular User

Antibiotics after

Postby Mmp » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Freaking out! My toe randomly decided to become red and swollen. I'm terrified of having to use antibiotics if it is infected. I'm almost 3 months out from a vanco taper. Any advice on prepping yourself if you need to go on antis?
Anything natural you can do either? I'd honestly cut my toe off if it meant never being on antibiotics ( joking.. kind of)

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Re: Antibiotics after

Postby LHutz » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:35 pm

If it’s Paronychia I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve had it many times in my life, and twice in the last year, and it’s always resolved on its own without any antibiotics. As a precaution, you can start taking florastor now in case you do need antibiotics.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:53 am

What my doctor told me to do was soak the foot in warm salt water several times a day and use an antibiotic ointment if there is an ingrown nail or cut. The soaks cleared it up.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:23 pm

I can relate to this. I wear dress shoes all day and a few months back my toe looked like someone hit it with a hammer. I was freaked as well, did epsom salt soaks, the whole anchillada. I was in Virginia Beach on business and of course out of network and made an appointment with a podiatrist for when I got back, but couldn’t take the pain anymore. I don’t recommend doing what I did but it worked and probably staved off future issues and saved me a bunch of money. I sterilized a sharp pair of scissors and dug out an ingrown nail the size of a BB under the nailbed at the base of the nail. Apparently the dress shoes caused my nail to grow towards the foot and skin grew overtop and had given me problems for years. No antibiotics once I got that monster out and instant relief.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”