Upset bowels

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Spring
New User

Upset bowels

Postby Spring » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:04 pm

It's almost been a year since I was diagnosed with cdiff. I have been doing pretty well. I stick to a gluten free dairy free diet most days. However, recently I have been adding in a cup of coffee in the morning. I have developed a cold and the last few days my bowels are unsettled and my stomach is grumbly. I have had some soft stools but no diarrhea. Any advice on how to help with the overall unsettled stomach and loose bowels. I, of course, am anxious about this thing coming back.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Upset bowels

Postby AllisS » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:35 am

Symptoms don't sound at all like C. diff, so I don't think you need to worry that it's returning. Neither gluten nor dairy are C. diff triggers, if that's why you're keeping that diet.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Spring
New User

Re: Upset bowels

Postby Spring » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:43 am

Thank you for your reply! It just seems like the last few days after I eat my stomach has immediately started gurgling and feels off, along with loose stools. It just might be a stomach bug. Gluten and dairy really bother me now so I limit myself. My stomach is still not the same prior to cdiff. I'm hoping in time it will be. Thanks again!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”