amoxicillin after c diff

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
megan135
New User

amoxicillin after c diff

Postby megan135 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:18 pm

I have a wisdom tooth infection and was prescribed amoxicillin for it. My dentist and doctor both agreed it is the best medication for where the infection is. Has anyone taken amoxicillin after c diff and been okay? i'm really scared.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: amoxicillin after c diff

Postby NanciT » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:47 pm

There may be others on the site, I have had to take Keflex twice in the last 5 years. SO far all went well, I took probiotics with it and made sure to eat my activia.

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 pm

My mother had to take it as well as other antibiotics and she did not relapse. After c diff, she took a daily probiotic.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Augmentin is what gave me cdiff. Obviously it’s stronger than amoxicillin but still in the same family. Looking back I should have seen the signs of c diff every time I took it. Zpak s were never an issue, but every time I took anything from the penicillin family I felt worse than what I was being treated for. Had I have even known what cdiff was I probably would have stopped taking the augmentin and maybe wouldn’t be on this board right now. I finished my 10 days even though I was feeling very ill half way through. I’d say watch for symptoms obviously.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”