Fear of a relapse 8 months out.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
bimelime
New User

Fear of a relapse 8 months out.

Postby bimelime » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:47 pm

What are the odds of a relapse being 8 months out, I tested negative a month ago and it has been 8 months since my vanco treatment. I am 20 years old, no antibiotics since and I'm sticking to my fermented foods and yeast probiotics. Bathroom trips fluctuate wildly and stress seems to influence everything very heavily. WD one day then soft but formed the next. Any chance this is a relapse or am I still recovering? Thank you all so much for your support.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Fear of a relapse 8 months out.

Postby NanciT » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:49 pm

It would not be a relapse if you have already tested negative. If you develop symptoms, see how it goes. Try not to watch BM's everyday, it can cause alot of stress. WD may come and go but if it;s mixed with good days...that is recovery!

NanciT

bimelime
New User

Postby bimelime » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:48 pm

Thank you so much Nanci,
After a negative toxin and PCR test, as well as a normal CT scan, and normal blood work, I'm really trying to believe that even after 8 months its just normal recovery. Symptoms seem to come and go wildly but my GI says that if it was anything else I'm worried about (like crohn's), they would definitely be able to tell from more symptoms as well as the imaging. For now I've got nothing that indicates anything besides the normal recovery path for C.diff, with all of its ups and downs.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:04 am

There are some things to talk with the GI about. Diet is one, the other is medication for a short time. I used Levsin and it really helped.

Hang in there, you will get through this!!

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”