Update -cdiff free -1 year anniversary

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jG43
Contributor

Update -cdiff free -1 year anniversary

Postby jG43 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:43 pm

Tomorrow will mark 1 year since I got a positive c-diff test result after taking clindamycin. Finally beat it with FMT. I really feel for those currently battling this horrible infection. I was so scared when I got the news. This website really gave me so much great info and support. Thank you again to those who gave me advice. I remember how much of a mental toll this illness had on me. I recovered physically quicker than I did mentally. It was so hard dealing with it during the holidays and Christmas. For those battling this infection know that you will get over this infection. I learned that it just takes time and the right combo of medical care (abx or fmt) to heal. For those currently fighting the infection try and take care of your mental health as well. Seeing someone for anxiety really aided my recovery Hopefully in the near future a cure will be available.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Update -cdiff free -1 year anniversary

Postby beth22 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Thanks for posting and giving hope to others. Very happy to hear that you are doing well.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:02 pm

Another thx for posting and glad the site helped. Enjoy good health. It is precious.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:34 am

That’s so great and happy for you. Have you had to take antibiotics in the last yr? Just curious as I’m around 8 months removed and know at some point I’ll prbly have to and that scares me to death.

jG43
Contributor

Postby jG43 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:22 am

No antibiotics since my fmt. I worry about having to take them again as well. My GI told me to contact his office if I ever have to take an antibiotic and he would advise me on the risk. He told me to try to avoid main offenders such as broad spectrum abx such as clindamycin

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:19 pm

I will not take clindamycin unless it is a matter of life or death!!!
I am 7 years out and the only time I have taken antibiotics was 1 dose of IV antibiotics during shoulder surgery and took Florastor before and after and was fine.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:56 am

Mine was augmentin which scares me in taking just about everything. Although evertime I’ve ever had to take augmentin it made my stomach extremely upset while a zpak never effected me. As I type this my dads laying in a hospital bed battling melanoma that spread to his brain being pumped full of antibiotics for pneumonia. Yesterday his stomach was really upset and he had the runs all day.

Syanney
Brand New Poster

Postby Syanney » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:20 pm

Ril- what antibiotics were you given for your shoulder surgery? My surgeon is suggesting IV Vanco. Is this safe for us given CDiff history?

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”