Wish me luck.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
D1dad
Regular Contributor

Wish me luck.

Postby D1dad » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:43 am

My college son was back this last weekend and called Monday that him and his entire baseball team had strep. Sure enough my 13 yr old had his throat covered in white pus sacks on Friday and then my nephew in the afternoon. We were all together over the weekend because my dad was undergoing brain surgery due to melanoma that wasn’t caught in time, obviously unaware of any impending illness. I know that some say that strep doesn’t need an AB but according to our GP, you don’t wanna mess with scarlet fever and an AB is necessary if the culture is positive. So far so good but just the thought of it makes my throat hurt. Dangit!

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Re: Wish me luck.

Postby D1dad » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:45 am

FWIW my doc is old school and gave my 13 yr old a penicillin shot while my 20yr old went to his local urgent care and received amoxicillin.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”