8 months post fmt success

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jG43
Contributor

8 months post fmt success

Postby jG43 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:05 pm

Just an update. I found this site in Nov of 2018. I got cdiff after using clindamycin in Nov of 2018. Failed Flagyl. Failed 10 day Vanco. Failed Vanco taper. Did 10 days of Dificid then FMT by colonoscopy in March 2019. Found a wonderful GI after failing taper. First month after FMT had a few scares. By month 3 I was much stronger. By month 6 I felt like I did before this crazy ordeal. By month 8 I have gained all my weight back and eating normal again. Still scared of antibiotics. For those out there who think you will not get past it you will. I felt hopeless last December. I was lucky that I never got really sick to the point I had to go to a hospital. A PCR test caught it pretty quick after initial symptoms.

Wanted to ask those on the forum if you ever returned to drinking some alcohol and how long after successful treatment? I don’t drink much but would have the occasional beer before this started. I have not had any alcohol since I was diagnosed in Nov of 2018. I may wait a full year or more.

MSLOANE
New User

Re: 8 months post fmt success

Postby MSLOANE » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:41 pm

honestly, if i were you, I would use your time dealing with this as a launching pad for a more healthier life. I quit drinking for health reasons a long time ago and have never looked back. Feel better with more energy. Even one beer these days hurts me. But yes, you can drink now if you want. I did after my last fmt 6 years ago, probably 3 motnhs out.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: 8 months post fmt success

Postby georgina » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:29 am

I'd say that , at this point you can have some beer or wine . It seems your gut is not irritated any more since you can tolerate any food , although better start with just one glass to see how your gut reacts .

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”