Stomach pain/ cramps

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Mmp
Regular User

Stomach pain/ cramps

Postby Mmp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:52 pm

I am just a day off of my vanco taper and the last 3 days have been having stomach pain/ cramps. I had them the last time I had a relapse. I am trying to think positive and wondering if my stomach is just trying to heal itself? I go 3xs a day with no d.

MSLOANE
New User

Re: Stomach pain/ cramps

Postby MSLOANE » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:25 pm

I had the same thing, mine were in the lower left, and mostly consistent. I have IBS, and my IBS cramps usually go away after having a BM. I was convinced that I conquered the cdiff beast but the cramps continued on and began to intensify, then came the B and the M, adn that good ol' WD. In your case all you can do is wait and see. If you are not having D then so far so good, but if you are going to relapse you know what will happen so try not to worry until it does as you can increase your cramps from anxiety and worsen PI-IBS, if that is in fact what you are dealing with.

Mmp
Regular User

Postby Mmp » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Have you finally conquered cdiff? I feel like I never will.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:33 pm

I’m almost 8 months from the nightmare and can tell you what your going through is normal. I thought I was gonna have to have gall bladder surgery on day and the an appendectomy the next and was in constant fear of relapse. Bloated, gurgling stomach, you name it. Getting back to a normal diet when I could made things better. You’ll get through it even if it doesn’t feel that way. Tonight I had fried chicken, 5 mozzarella sticks and just finished my second bowl of frosted mini wheats. 7.5 months ago I figured I’d live my life eating oatmeal and boiled chicken. It’s a dark dark time that unless you’ve had it, no one understands.

MSLOANE
New User

Postby MSLOANE » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:07 am

Definitively not yet but I have a stool transplant being worked out now.

Mmp
Regular User

Postby Mmp » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:16 pm

I am now feeling like a have the flu. Super low energy, headaches, nausea. No d but I am feeling like it could be coming soon. Wondering if I should call my GI and see if this could be a relapse?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:22 pm

MMp,

Search for the three day rule and follow it BUT. If u feel as tho u should, call your doc. This could be IBS - similar symptoms to c diff and fairly common after a bout of c diff.

Mmp
Regular User

Postby Mmp » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:49 pm

How long does the flu feeling last? I am going on day 3 of hard days of no d and hard normal stools but feeling like death. I feel weak( dizzy almost passing out), nausea, tingly hands and face.
I am chugging water and adding pink Himalayan salt for electrolytes. Not sure if I am super dehydrated?
I am also breastfeeding and not eating as much as I should do to feeling like this.
Is this onset of c diff? I have relapsed twice and I instantly have that scary urge to go and yellow d

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:11 am

You should contact your doctor and have some blood tests done at least. You may have an imbalance with electrolytes or be low on vitamins or minerals. If you are dizzy and feel that bad, call your doctor - not necessarily the GI, but you PCP.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”