Well it may be Back !!???

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
hawkeye
Regular User

Well it may be Back !!???

Postby hawkeye » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:37 am

Hi here's the old guy *80yo, back again...been good for a long time...but now
am wondering if I somehow have a bout of Difficile going on again...started a week
ago, diarrhea bad for the first two day, then slowed a bit, but still very loose, oily
stools, thready almost...I've been trying to live on bland diet (BRAT), but sure
am hungry....I am wondering if I should try to get into Gastro to see them...I've
taken immodiaum for diarrhea, but it really has not worked...last 3 days have only
had two a day trips to throne...so that is good right""??
It may take some time to get into a doc now as busy as they are...what do you think??
don

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Well it may be Back !!???

Postby Bobbie » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Hello, fellow young person. (I am almost 79.)

I doubt if the c diff is back unless you have been on antibiotics or visited or been in a hospital or any of the other c diff sources. The are many other "could be's": GI "bugs," IBS, etc.

Do you know The Three Day Rule? The Three Day Rule: Don't be alarmed by mild symptoms unless you have three "bad" days in a row or if your symptoms become drastically worse. If this happens, call your doctor. Please remember, this is just a guideline to use when you panic after one or two bad days and think, "Oh, IT'S back."

Do call a doc if this continues. Good to hear from you.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 pm

I would call the doctor if it continues. Even if you can't get in to see a GI, the office could give you an order to do stool tests. There are viruses going around, but if it is a bacteria, it could be something other than c difficile. If you test, test for other pathogens as well as c diff. Get a stool culture in addition to the c diff test. Hopefully, by Monday you will be better.

hawkeye
Regular User

Postby hawkeye » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Thanks you two, good to hear someone else's opinion and advise...will see what happens
for next couple days and perhaps give gastrp doc a call next week,....thanks...don

hawkeye
Regular User

Postby hawkeye » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Well I''ve been Cons for two days, so today the stuff was sorta loose like a big wide
ribbon, but not watery.....so will see what happens tomorrow before I call doc's
office I guess.....I know one thing is going on that my tummy is louder than I've
ever heard before, just rolling and such as i don't know whats going on......

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”