Thankful and Question about ‘private message’

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Mmm
New User

Thankful and Question about ‘private message’

Postby Mmm » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:29 pm

So thankful. I flew to see Dr Colleen Kelley today and it seems she is the answer to my prayers. She has ordered all labs for my husband to be a potential donor for a FMT. If he fails the screening I will use OpenBiome (4 counts of cdiff).
She was kind, amazing, spent 45 min with me. I was apprehensive as she is part of a big practice but I was reassured after meeting her.

My next question is why am I receiving private messages from someone by the screen name AREHH about going on the Al Roker show re: FMt. Someone who has no prior messages or texts. This seems fishing.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Thankful and Question about ‘private message’

Postby georgina » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:29 am

Congrats , you are in very good hands,dr .Kelly is a FMT pioneer and a Cdiff expert. You will be on the road to recovery in no time.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:49 am

I have never seen Dr. Kelley, but I spoke to her on the phone during my early days of c diff and she was very kind and explained some things about FMT to me, which I did have done later on. You are in good hands. I know of a few posters who saw her, a few who had her do FMT and they were happy. Let us know how it all turns out.

Don't answer the pms and I we will look into it.

Mmm
New User

Postby Mmm » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Thank you. I am 4 days out. The procedure went well. Held it was 1.5 hrs. Dealing with some D on days 3 and 4 but trying to get used to what I can eat. She did not give any instructions re post FMT diet - I added more fiber (beans and rice) and probiotics and wondering if this is too much too soon.

She was very caring and kind. I only wish they had knocks me out completely for the procedure but she said she likes the patients more aware so they can hold it in longer.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:31 am

There are some doctors that recommend high fiber after FMT to feed the new bacteria but usually it is not tolerated , beans are very high in fiber and very hard to digest .A good source of easy to digest fiber is oatmeal , potatoes, bananas,zuchinni , bell pepper. I personally think that you need to keep eating bland and easy to digest foods until the FMT "settles in" and gradually add new foods back into your diet as your gut heals. Definitely stay away from gut irritants like :sweets , alcohol, fast food or too many dairy products.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”