Panic

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Iceman77
Brand New Poster

Panic

Postby Iceman77 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Hi, I am northern europe male on forties. I faced C.Diff very first time about ten after few antibiotics, got all time Diaherea for one week, got some fluids from doc but recovered by myself while waiting stool culture result as it was main vacation season.

Then about four year ago C.diff hit me again after campylo food poisoning and took me pretty bad shape. After constant four relaps and few visit on ER I found clinic to do Fecal transfer which got me back to life. That batlle was also last hit to long marriage.

Lately life has been good, been able to get post C.diff IBS under control, beem able work and do some sporty things that are my passion. Worked out relations to my kids and found lady to love. ...Until today I started vomit and bit later Diaherea with lover stomach pain hit hard.

No I am sleepless fearing about new infection and behalf of my close ones. Feeling like losing everything, don't know if I have strenght to battle new round as it is difficult to get real treatment.

Ok, I know three day rule but how ladies & gentleman you handle fear and mental side C.Diffz? This feels physically bad and I need to make doctor appointment on Monday if it don't get better but how to takcle this fear of new infection which might kill.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Panic

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:49 am

The fear and panic hit many of us. It affected me too. Some people take anti-anxiety medication. I chose not to because I don't react well to medications. The one thing that you said about vomiting is not typical of c difficile, although it can happen. Hopefully, you have a virus that will pass in the next couple of days.

I have had D before that lasted a few days and I even tested positive for c difficile, but by the time the test came back, my D had subsided, so I did not treat. Even if it is c difficile, you may be able to fight it off without treatment. Meanwhile, just make sure everyone in your household uses good hygiene and washes hands thoroughly. That is the most important thing.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Panic

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:47 pm

Iceman,

Welcome to the site. Pls read the first forum. Beth gave u great advice.

C diff affects us physically, mentally, and financially. Often, the mental effect is the worse as it is a disturbing and uncertain infection for most of us. We often call c diff "the Beast" because it is.

I doubt if u have c diff after such a long period. On the previous occasions, did you test positive for c diff?

I am very susceptible to c diff and had 2 bouts of food poisoning without x diff, but it probably can happen.

Some seek professional counseling. Is this this something u would consider?

Keep posting. We are here for emotional support. If u have watery diarrhea for 3 consecutive days, call your doc and ask for a culture.

Hang on.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”