Rheumatoid arthritis

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Spring
New User

Rheumatoid arthritis

Postby Spring » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:13 am

I'm now 6 months in recovery after first diagnosed with cdiff. I'm feeling pretty good but on and off I have had joint pain in my left hand. It comes and goes. Has anyone ever developed RA after cdiff or because of cdiff?

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Rheumatoid arthritis

Postby AllisS » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:18 am

Not sure why you'd suspect that pain in a single joint might be RA, which is an autoimmune disease that would be affecting multiple joints and have other symptoms as well (?) As for any cause-and-effect link between RA and C. diff: I think it's safe to say no.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:15 am

REACTIVE arthritis is a possibility after c.diff (or any other infection, even minor ones) but probably not if its restricted to one hand and comes and goes.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:09 pm

Spring,
Another possible side effect of c diff but iffyn to prove. Pls do research and let us know what u discover.

Spring
New User

Postby Spring » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 am

Thank you all for replying. I've been under a lot of stress lately and I'm thinking that has something to do with it.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:04 pm

Spring,

Stress can be a killer, and c diff is a major stressor. Chill.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”