Muscle aches

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
momo123
Regular User

Muscle aches

Postby momo123 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:01 am

Hi everyone,

I just had a quick question and wanting to know if anyone else has experienced muscle aches during recovery. My stools have been normal solid once a day for about a month now (thank the lord) I have felt good some off days with rumbling and gas, but I can handle that. The last 2 days I have had some body aches ? is this normal while in recovery about a month out. I never really had aches before except one time....

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Muscle aches

Postby beth22 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:06 pm

I had that too and the doctors could not explain it. However, I later learned I had SIBO and many people get fibromyalgia symptoms with that. Something with the gut imbalance. Maybe the imbalance of bacteria can cause it post c diff too. Check to make sure you are not anemic in vitamins or minerals as well.

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:10 am

Hmm interesting ... thanks Beth. That is one thing my doctor has not done is drawn my blood. Is it ok to take like a multi vitamin with probiotics?

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:23 am

Since the benefits of probiotics are, so far, dubious, what one does or doesn't take alongside of them matters not!
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:11 pm

Sometimes muscle aches can be caused by a deficiency in magnesium and treated with oral magnesium. Ask your doc to test you.

I use a heating pad for aches and pains and also for stomach aches. Check with your doc.

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:11 am

Thank you for the feed back it seemed to fade away a few days later.. I tried to drink alot of water and it seemed to help.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”