Reoccurrence after macrobid or just a virus?

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Aurora
New User

Reoccurrence after macrobid or just a virus?

Postby Aurora » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:19 pm

I’m back. I was doing great for about 10 months. I had to have oral surgery to remove a tumor in my jaw a couple of months ago and I survived the one dose of IV keflex they gave me (they said it was very deep in the bone and even my dr agreed the one dose could prevent me from having to be on serious antibiotics later on if I got an I infection).

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. I started feeling awful with headache, backache, and feeling like I was getting a UTI (frequency used to be my symptom and this is how it presented). I tried flushing out with lots of water and cranberry but started running a fever so I went in for macrobid. Urinary symptoms went away but fever, headache, and lack of appetite continued and lasted for 10 days. ER kept me for 10 hours and ran tests for everything trying to find the source of such a long fever. With all tests coming back normal except a low white blood cell count, they deemed it viral. My 14 month old son had a fever a few days after for 3 days. Here is where it gets tricky. As I started to get my appetite back, I had a few different occasions with yellow stool or D. I didn’t fit the 3x3 rule, but still nervous. I had a few days of normal and then today ate greasy Mac and cheese and broiled haddock for lunch with a little salad- only to be in the bathroom later with yellow D 1X. (I had a perfectly normal movement this morning).

Is my stomach out of whack from the virus and not eating much for 10 days or does this sound like c diff creeping back up??

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”