Stop and go ...

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
momo123
Regular User

Stop and go ...

Postby momo123 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:36 pm

Is it normal for people to have D weeks apart.. even eating a bland diet ? Just curious Bc i have had 4 bouts of D in over a month.. today is one of them kinda felt thr urgency like cdiff so I’m
Not sure what to do I’m just scared if i get a test done and it’s positive they are going to put me on more meds. Any other day my BM are normal once or twice a day...just so hard to tell what Is cdiff and what is not in my case...

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Stop and go ...

Postby AllisS » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:58 pm

It doesn't seem hard to tell to me. What you describe sounds quite unlike C. diff. Skip the test.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:35 am

With Cdiff you get D every day , high frequency. What you describe is IBS. Are you taking any probiotics?

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:41 am

Yes i take VSL #3 and keifer .. even when i had cdiff active i only went 1 2 3 times back to back and then it went away for a month my doc said she never heard of that before ... so it’s so frustrating st times most days i feel good ... my stomach will burn right under my breast sometimes but she said that has nothing to do with cdiff

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:57 am

You have no symptoms of c.diff whatsoever and c.diff is a disease indicated and diagnosed by symptoms, never by test results alone.
We cant diagnose you by internet and cant keep replying to repeated posts about having vague belly ache and D once or twice a month.
Your well, so move on and accept it.
Unless you go downhill and get watery D 3x a day for 3 days or more you can stop worrying.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:24 am

For years i was unable to have kefir/yogurt without having lots of gas , cramps , more frequency. Cut back for a day or two on the kefir and see if it get's any better.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:35 am

I’d just about guarantee I’d test positive right now and I experience what you described as your initial infection symptoms once a week. I do however know that I don’t feel like I’m on deaths doorstep and making a deal with god to get rid of my D like I did when I took augmentin and got this awful thing. We have well water at our house, packed full of nutrients, my wife goes like a goose because that’s all she drinks, yet she’s the healthiest person I know. She also works in a healthcare setting and was exposed to my saga so I’d bet she’s a carrier and would likely test positive. Like Roy said, you well so be thankful.

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:48 pm

I’m sure i am not the only person on this board that has repeated questions! This infection will mess with your mind as I’m sure all of you know. So it’s nice to have some feedback when you do have D or a pain here and there.like i have said before my symptoms were like no others that i have read on his board which has been (ALOTTTT) .. so that’s why i freak out when i do have D. Bc Iv never done thr 3 xs a day for 3 days. So it does worry me. So i apologize. Thank you for those of you that have gave me positive feedback.

cake918
Regular User

Postby cake918 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:22 pm

Please know that we all struggle with good and bad days. I like you go straight to cdiff in the bad days. Nothing I can do about it. I’m one year out, I think, and have symptoms all the time. Anxiety makes it worse but thankfully it goes away.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:51 am

C diff certainly does mess with people's minds, mine included. We are here to support you, so don't hesitate to post your concerns and questions.

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:55 am

Thank you Beth

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”