Post C Diff Nausea

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
MaryH
Brand New Poster

Post C Diff Nausea

Postby MaryH » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:53 am

Hi all, I am a new user to this forum but have found so much helpful information here just by stumbling across it in my searching for answers. I am going on two weeks post c diff treatment with Vancomycin (Wednesday will be two weeks). I am feeling mostly better, but I have this awful residual nausea that has not gone away. Has anyone else struggled with this and, if so, how long until you got some relief? I'm 34 and otherwise healthy before the c diff. This disease is nasty and has caused me a lot of anxiety (mostly the thought of whether or not it is returning). Can c diff gradually return or would it be full blown D again making it unmistakable to miss? Thank you for any input. I've never been sick like I was with c diff and I'm just scared.

-Mary

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post C Diff Nausea

Postby Ril » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:44 am

Hello MaryH and welcome to the site. Please read the first forum on information for new posters.
The nausea can be part of recovery unfortunately many of us suffered with varying degrees of nausea throughout recovery so don’t worry that it means it is coming back. I had nausea for a long time and used an unconventional treatment that is not supposed to work...cola syrup. One of the moderators used sea bands. Most of us eat bland foods for many reasons throughout recovery and that helps control nausea also.
It’s hard to say how long this will last or any other of the “ recovery” symptoms or how a recurrence would happen. That is part of what causes the anxiety that most of us had. Try to take it day by day and be positive if you can. Keep up the good hand washing and remember you already beat it once, the vast majority of people get well after the first bout and this site is here for support.
Rita

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post C Diff Nausea

Postby NanciT » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:09 pm

I continued to have the nausea on and off, still do.

As Rita mentioned, if you stick to a bland diet it does tend to help. I purchased Sea Bands on amazon(3 sets) and have them on right now. They have helped me a great deal Post CDIFF.

Go slow with adding new foods during recovery, hope you feel better soon

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”