I think it’s back ...

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
D1dad
Regular Contributor

Re: I think it’s back ...

Postby D1dad » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:05 am

Man the probiotic usage is high and I get it. During my metro course I took digestive advantage, culturell, florastor and pro50 and continued doing so afterwards for around a month. While I expected an upset stomach during, I couldn’t figure out why it was getting worse after, yet I had no D. I began eliminating the probiotics one by one and eventually everything went back to normal, settling on just 1 pro 50 a day. From my understanding vsl is darn near prescription strength at just 1 a day and your taking 4 times that much. I’d just about guarantee that’s a lot of your problem. The sooner you stop traumatizing your system the sooner it will restore its natural balance.

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:08 pm

I would think twice about having a colonoscopy at this point. Think about it for a second - the prep COMPLETELY wipes out the stool in your colon until it runs clear. That means you're wiping out your flora. After you've worked so hard to build the healthy flora back up. Studies have shown that people with Crohn's and ulcerative colitis have a significantly higher risk of c diff after a colonoscopy than people with normal guts. https://www.medpagetoday.com/meetingcoverage/aibd/69214 A colonoscopy is not a completely benign procedure.

Also - to help your anxiety about your gut and trying to distinguish c diff relapse from just a bad gut day or IBS, try to do the following:

1) think hard and remember exactly how you felt during an active c diff infection. For my daughter, she definitely did not only have loose stool. She had:
-- abdominal bloating
-- very tired
-- pale face
-- mild fever/chills
-- felt ill

Now see if you had a constellation of symptoms when you truly had active c diff. Do you have those other things now? If you only have the loose stool, and you feel well otherwise, then relapse might be less likely.

I understand the anxiety that comes with any stool changes after going through c diff - it's horrible, and my daughter is still dealing with the anxiety aspect. But there are rational ways to control the panic and to help not jump to a conclusion that you are having another relapse. The above is one way. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:01 pm

That was my main concern.. when i think back ... i had 1-3 loose stools never felt bad no fever no chills no aches .. no blood or mucus... a little nauseous at times but not usually. Iv always been a nauseous person so i can handle that and it usually goes away pretty soon. That’s what’s so hard for me to detect what is a relapse or just healing. The only time i had aches was the last relapse but i also took 6 Advil that day but no D or BM but my stomach burned so bad all day Bc of the Advil the next day my stools were D about y 4 times in like 4 hours. Which was more then normal. It’s just crazy how my symptoms are so diff went then others. And i have lived with cdiff for 2 years and didn’t know it till Jan. This year. I’m
Just scared my colon is damaged but i have no UC or chrons symptoms. Or really IBS of course certain things irritate me. But i know what they are. So we will see my doc didn’t schedule me a colonoscopy she said if i have D for more then 48 hours tincall her. Bc i know that the pcr can be positive even if it’s not active so i get so confused

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:08 pm

Also when i had D it went away within an hour ... then the next few days it was solid for a month to 2 3 months

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:09 pm

Still no D (praying) but sometimes i feel like i have an urgency to go.. is that normal. No more burning in my stomach either a little bit of discomfort and gas but I’m thinking it’s maybe some post IBS ...

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:53 pm

Definitely could be some post IBS. If no d, no c diff

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:50 am

I’m
Hoping that’s what it is... i don’t think Bc i take pepto still it would stop the D Bc when i have had cdiff pepto didn’t even touch it ... so i am praying it’s gone.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:12 am

I am locking this thread as its reached the 2 page limit.
You can start another one if you need to.
We discourage a day to day poop report though.
Doing that raises a posters anxiety level and it's no help to other posters.
It's great news you dont have D, no D means no active c.diff colitis.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”