Scared of relapse

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
momo123
Regular User

Scared of relapse

Postby momo123 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:19 pm

So i am feeling like i am going crazy here... i am 12 days off dificid... overall i have felt fine.. legs feel a little crampy ? Until i start to move around. I go to that bathroom most morning 2 times .. which are formed for that most part. No blood ever since i have had this no smell.. no pain. Unless i have a burning feeling in my upper stomach ? Anyone else have that. Not often tho. My nerves are getting that best of me i still take pepto daiky 4 times a day... and have a lot of gas.. most days. Today i feel an urgency to go but it seems to be just gas. Does anyone ever have normal BM but feel like if i stop taking pepto I’m gonna relapse it have D? Maybe it’s my nerves idk. I have high anxiety anyway and these last 2 weeks have felt like a century. I have tested negative before after i was off vanco for a bit a month then was out on doxycycline for ecoli so i think i got it again ... then now 11 days off dificid.. and I’m just freaking out it’s gonna replapse anyday...

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: Scared of relapse

Postby Ril » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Please try to relax. High anxiety is unfortunately very often part of c diff and recovery but that in and of itself can make gut problems worse. As long as you are not having watery stools, and you certainly are not having even frequent stools, you are still doing fine. You may want to try weaning down some of the pepto since you don’t know if you really even need it. Gas and rumblings, etc. can be part of getting back to your “new normal” and you may have some IBS along the way...you don’t just go right to whatever your previous patterns were in most cases. Just eat bland for a while and know that many people worry as you do but your symptoms are not worrisome and you sound as though you are doing well.

Good luck,
Rita

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:25 am

I agree with Rita about weaning off the Pepto Bismol. I was on it for a long time, but I tapered it down. Try taking it with your meals maybe 3 x per day and cut the dose. I only took a very small dose. Ask your doctor how long it is safe to be on Pepto and tell him or her the quantity you take.

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:07 am

Thank you guys .. this site some how easys my mind ... a lot . I have reduced the amount of pepto as well i guess it’s jusy a mind thing ya know. We are heading to the lake this weekend so I’m hoping that gives me some time to relax and stress free ... Bc to thr females i have stressed so much this month i am late on my mentrual ... which i never am so i need something to relax me for sure.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:41 am

It took me a good month after to even feel human let alone well. I had the same rumblings and bloating and it wasn’t till I realized all the probiotics and pounds of yogurt were causing everything. You didn’t mention if you were taking probiotics but if you are, more can be to much. I also can’t recomend a good whey protein powder enough. It contains amino acids, many of which are good for gut health and immunity as well as helping with the weakness and weight loss we all went through. Also if you can stomach fiber, benefiber really helped me. I take pepto from time to time when I eat to much spicy food but it’s sounds like your really overdoing it just based off of the daily RA.

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:10 am

Knock on wood I have felt great the last week I am at a month today since my last recurrence. I PRAYYYYYY that its over with. I have been doing keifer shakes everyday and 2 probiotics everyday as well. I am eating lots of fiber. My stool is solid now. I still have some gas daily but I can handle that any day. I have not taken pepto this week maybe one tablet for gas Tuesday. Im praying I am heading to home plate. I have no more burning in my upper stomach. So i am not sure if the keifer is helping or probiotics are helping but something is. I am going to the bathroom one time a day maybe 2 some day in the am which was normal for me before cdiff.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”