Concerns about False Positive for Recurrence

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
brandine
Regular User

Re: Concerns about False Positive for Recurrence

Postby brandine » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:38 am

lunasdad,

If I remember right, it was pretty recently that you completed your last course of treatment, right? I would say that there is a good chance that this is just your gut recovering, and not necessarily the c.diff returning full-blown/needing another treatment. It took me about 3 months after finishing vanco to start having more normal stools; in the first 3 months it was a lot of loose stools, occasional d., and overall feeling up and down with my gut/bowel movements. In fact, day-to-day I was borderline obsessed with monitoring every trip to the bathroom. I did have stretches of good days; but then stretches of bad days too.

Now, in retrospect, I can see that this was just a frustrating time of healing. If you remember from my previous posts, I even almost treated in late July because I was having signature c.diff yellow d.... but it went away after 2 days, all a part of the recovery. Now it's 6 weeks later, and I'm doing well... just sort of watching what I eat, reintroducing certain foods slowly.

Try not to get discouraged and trust that a time will come (hopefully!) when things feel more normal again. But it might be awhile, and there will be many ups and downs along the way... a really bad day doesn't mean that you have a recurrence needing treatment.
Take care, and I hope you are feeling better!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Concerns about False Positive for Recurrence

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:19 pm

Thx., Brandine,
Well said.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”