Pregnancy in recovery

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
tarap
Regular User

Pregnancy in recovery

Postby tarap » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Hello I am about 3 and a half weeks post dificid. Bm are still up and down stomach pain here and there and can only eat certain foods still. I had asked my infectious disease dr if it was ok to get pregnant and he said yes. But I would like personal opinions. I’m going to be 34 in July so time is against me. Is it safe to get pregnant or should I give up on the idea. ( I had cdiff a year ago treated with flagyl was fine for 11 months Then I got pregnant and had a miscarriage and got cdiff again with no antibiotics)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Pregnancy in recovery

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:24 pm

I would talk to your OB-GYN about it and maybe wait a few months until things with your GI tract settle down. You still have time. 34 is not that old by today's standards.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Pregnancy in recovery

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Agree with Beth. Talk to your doctor before deciding.

You have suffered the loss of a baby and a horrible infection. You want to be in the best shape before you get pregnant again.

Best to you,

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”