BV infection treatment

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Gint27
Brand New Poster

BV infection treatment

Postby Gint27 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:25 am

I am waiting for the results for my bacterial vaginal infection. What antibiotics have others used to treat a BV infection without causing a c diff relapse? Im scared as I don't want to go through that again. I understand all antibiotics are a risk, but thought I would see what would be the lowest risk. I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: BV infection treatment

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:31 am

I have used Metrogel, which is Flagyl. My gyn does not like to give oral antibiotics, but prefers the vaginal gel or cream. However, make sure you don't use the one called Cleocin - it is clindamycin and it was implicated in my c diff infection. Usually they run a sensitivity to see what antibiotics are effective against the particular bacteria. Once you have that, check it against the list to see which antibiotic is less likely to cause a relapse. Doxycycline is lower risk. My Gyn also has a compounding pharmacy make up creams that can be used vaginally that contain the needed antibiotic. Ask your doctor if that is an option for you.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:40 am

Agree with Beth, I have used Metrogel and it is my only option. Flagyl pills make me very sick, so I am stuck with the Metrogel but have had no issues other than BV returning.

NanciT

Michelle7198
Contributor

Postby Michelle7198 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:57 am

I had bv and did a water peroxide treatment. Google natural stuff! There's a ton of info on it. And apparently it worked because i didn't have bv anymore.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:41 pm

They gave me clindamycin internally and that’s what caused my c diff infection back in 2015 we think.. wasn’t on any other abx.. hope all is well

momo123
Regular User

Postby momo123 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:13 pm

I was wondering this Bc i take metrogel Bc i get Bv often ? And i never thought that this could cause it unless it was oral

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”