I’m back

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
ShannonS
New User

I’m back

Postby ShannonS » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m back. I took Dificid 2 months ago, and the diarrhea stopped. This past Saturday night, I started getting D, and hasn’t let up since. And the extreme nausea came back. I’m in the hospital now for nausea and dehydration. I had a GI appointment yesterday and when I almost passed out, she told me to go to the ER. I had to provide a sample and I should get the results tomorrow. Since this is the 4th time I’ve had this, my GI wants to do a Colonoscopy with FMT. I should be getting on my husband insurance within the next week, then she’s gonna schedule it. They also started me back on Vanco because they don’t have access to Dificid.
I just want the nausea to go away. I haven’t worked since March. Zofran doesn’t work anymore and Phenegren barely works. The doctor is thinking about trying Compazine. I don’t know how long I will be in the hospital.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: I’m back

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:58 pm

So sorry. Best of luck. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing. We care.

Some of us can't catch a break.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: I’m back

Postby georgina » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:04 am

Sorry to hear about your relapse. I hope the FMT will be your magic bullet.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”