Update! And some questions!

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
oceaneo
New User

Update! And some questions!

Postby oceaneo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:20 pm

Hello all!

It has been a while since I have posted but the last time I posted was my worries about taking flagyl. I should have listened to you all about not taking it despite 4-5 doctors telling me to do so. The flagyl sent me in the hospital because I started getting drug induced fever. It "cured" the c diff but after a while I had extreme leaky gut issues and a weakened immune system. I was going to a holistic practitioner and she helped heal my immune system through the winter and so many rounds of colds but the damage was already done. I had some new symptoms around April that were very strange and I took a bunch of tests and found out, positive for Lupus. Really scary. The same thing happened to a cousin of mine who was on Amoxicillin for TWO YEARS for acne and got in a traumatic incident that caused her to have MCTD. I know a lot of you have also mentioned autoimmune problems arising after a CDIFF infection and there is so much research coming out that all autoimmune problems go back to the Gut (Especially Lupus)

Right now I am in the process of starting the AIP diet and reversing this as best of my ability but I wanted to ask everyone if they know or experienced someone else with developing AutoImmunes after leaky gut. Also if any of you have had experience with FMT pills. There is very early stage research being done of the possibility of FMT healing autoimmune disorders, including Lupus. Its frustrating that there are not many clinical trials being done right now with this but hopefully in the future? I am hoping I can use my positive CDIFF test result as a way to facilitate a way to try it but I am not sure.

But this community has been amazing in educating people on the importance of Gut health and thank you all for that! I will try to keep you updated :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Update! And some questions!

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:18 pm

After my first bout of c diff, I developed numorous URIs and Pneumonia. I tested positive for lupus. Several years later my respiratory health improved and I no longer tested positive for lupus. I did, however, have Raynaud’s Syndrome which can cause a false positive for
Lupus.

Medical authorities have speculated C diff affects the immune system. I believe it does.

Best,of luck to you, Keep us posted.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”