Concerned

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Fish1
Regular User

Concerned

Postby Fish1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:37 pm

Well I’m back with another possible relapse. Oh to have the constipation problem again. It’s been about 10 weeks since I finished my vanco taper and as I posted before I was having severe constipation; to the point where I finally ended up in ER and they gave me an enema because I could not pass anything and was in terrible pain. After that, I had immediate relief and have been doing great for the last three weeks. Once again I’m thinking you’ve beat this thing. Until two days ago I had four bouts of watery diarrhea. I’m thinking it’s from something I ate as I did eat a couple small slices of a white pizza a couple days before it started, and the day before I ate some cookies, which I had eaten before with no problem. I also ate a frozen shrimp lo mein meal for lunch, maybe it was from that since I hadn’t eaten that before. For dinner I had salmon, which I eat all the time. Anyway that night I had a soft stool but the next morning the watery diarrhea began. All I could eat all day was saltine crackers and I drank Gatorade and water. That night I ate a baked potato. I didn’t have anymore diarrhea except the initial episodes where I went about four times close together. Today I felt like well it was probably something you ate, but to be cautious I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Nothing happened so I continued to think I’m okay. The while time I’m battling a terrible headache, which I attributed to not eating much or maybe a lack of caffeine since I thought better not to have my morning coffee. I do not have a fever. Anyway I decided I could have some canned chicken noodle soup for lunch and ate it up. Then had my normal cup of yogurt. About thirty minutes later I had another watery diarrhea. So now I sit here full of anxiety. I’m trying to wait and see for the three day rule. I just would like to think this is IBS but need some reassurance I guess. I have cried and cried. If this is a relapse it will be he third time I have it. My husband just says no it’s gotta be a bug or IBS. I’m just so scared and depressed. I want to be free of this and I am so angry right now and just scared. Just need to talk to people who get it. If I call the doctor they will want to test which will
Probably come back positive anyway then they will want me to take difficid. I did the vanco, then the vanco taper. I am scared to do anymore drugs. I just am so upset at this point. Trying to keep a level head but truly nobody, except other sufferers, understands the anxiety this stuff brings.
Last edited by Fish1 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Concerned

Postby beth22 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:49 am

If you responded that well to the vanco, then it most likely was a relapse, but you really can't be sure. Nonetheless, you are on it now and need to finish whatever taper the doctor put you on. I had all kinds of strange pains when I was on vanco and after too. I still get strange pains. I would not worry too much about it, but report it to your doctor if it concerns you or you have questions.

Fish1
Regular User

Postby Fish1 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:05 am

Okay thank you. There are so many ups and downs with this stuff. One day I feel like I have a handle on it and the next day something feels weird and starts the anxiety again. If it gets worse or continues I will notify doctor. Maybe I’m not babying my diet as much as I should have. In recovery from my initial infection I had started eating chicken and turkey and sour dough bread and was great.i also have read others say you have to eat in order to expel the toxins. I’ve lost 30 pounds now so I’m trying to eat. I introduced applesauce yesterday so maybe that did it to me but others says applesauce is good to eat. I’m not having any diarrhea now so I think it worries me too because of aThe constipation I’ve been experiencing. I am trying to add
More fiber to my diet and not just eat veggies and potatoes, which is pretty much what I exisited On the first go round, considering I don’t have diarrhea anymore. I haven’t received much education from Any of my doctors about eating.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:22 am

What you can eat varies so much from person to person. Most can eat bananas. I could not. Applesauce does not always agree either. It depends how much I eat. Whatever food you try, try just a small amount at first and see how it affects you.

Fish1
Regular User

Postby Fish1 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:43 pm

Thank you, I do think it was the applesauce. This time is really different than when I had it the first time. More bloating, strange pains, going back and forth between constipation and loose stools. This is definitely unlike any other illness I’ve ever experienced. It seems like I’m in a constant learning mode.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”