C Section Soon and Nervous

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
Cm1619
Regular Contributor

C Section Soon and Nervous

Postby Cm1619 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:24 am

Hello all.

I am back, not due to a reoccurring infection but to just check in and make a long over-due update on my life(for anyone that may care)! I got c diff over 3 years ago when my daughter was around 11 months old. I was on topical Clindamycin for acne and I believe my daughter had a short bout of c diff that I contracted from her from using hand sanitizer rather than hand washing after diaper changes. Gross, I know and I won't be making that mistake again. I went through a LOT of anxiety and PI-IBS D for years and still struggle to this day.

I ended up really healing and recovering from the anxiety with therapy and much needed SSRI. I was terrified to ever get pregnant again b/c I was going to need a repeat c section if I ever had another child. I was afraid of hospital stay, antibiotics, and infection after surgery.

Finally after being on the SSRI and therapy I decided not to let c diff ruin my family plans and we got pregnant! I am due June 6 but have a scheduled c section for this week!! I guess I am just looking for some encouragement or words of advice before the procedure. I've been drinking Kefir daily and taking a probiotic. My nerves are still absolutely shot and I've been having some major IBS issues every morning due to my nerves. I'm planning on bringing my own water and snacks to the hospital and mentioning to the nurses and doctors about my c diff fear and beg them to hand wash when they come in my room, rather than hand sanitize with gel.....

I will update you all with how it goes! I thought some other mom reading these boards might benefit from this story! I hope everyone is healing well and happy!

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Re: C Section Soon and Nervous

Postby AnxiousJ » Tue May 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Congratulations on your upcoming little one! That's so exciting! I too am 3 years post infection and dealt (still do) deal with the residual anxiety. I think you are prepared and doing everything you can to keep yourself safe! you may also consider asking your doctor if you can take probiotics before or after. Florastor as well as Bio K Plus are two I will probably always use when needed. Best wishes on your upcoming newest arrival!!

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:45 am

Thank you for the reply Anxious3! I took probiotics and was told they were fine in pregnancy. Awesome to hear.

Just wanted to update that it’s been 4 weeks now since my c section. I was given antibiotics during the surgery but that was it. I had a two day hospital stay. I am currently doing just fine and have been healthy and happy! Just a little hope for anyone in the same situation.

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Postby AnxiousJ » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:03 am

That is such fabulous news!! Congratulations and enjoy your new baby!

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:11 pm

I’m having my baby in the next few weeks. I was curious if you were breastfeeding or not? I’d like to try but am worried about mastitis causing a need for antibiotics! I’m so glad you’re doing well!!

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Postby Lid49 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:53 pm

Susan I so miss you, congratulations, I hope all will be ok with the baby and you.
Lidia.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:15 pm

Hi Susant I am breastfeeding! I never got mastitis with my first daughter in the year I breastfed but I didn’t seem to have issues at all breastfeeding her. This time around I’ve already had a clogged duct and the baby got thrush. What I did was just looked up everything I could about avoiding breast infection. Nurse often, or pump if you have to skip a feeding. Massage your breasts every time you shower! Wash your hands before every feeding and you should be ok! Congratulations and good luck to you!

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”