Having to take antibiotics again

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
VixRosie
Brand New Poster

Having to take antibiotics again

Postby VixRosie » Sun May 26, 2019 7:05 am

Hi. I’m new here and in the UK.
Six years ago I had severe c diff from augmentin. I almost died from sepsis.
I have avoided antibiotics for six years but recently burnt my arm on the oven which got infected and have been prescribed flucloxacillin for 5 days.

I’m not even 48 hours in and I have diahorrea and I’m completly freaking out. I’m so scared it’s going to come back.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Having to take antibiotics again

Postby NanciT » Sun May 26, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

Sorry you are going through this, I know we all fear antibioitcs....until a cure is found. I am not familiar with the one you are on, there are some that can have a lower risk.
The tough thing is many antibiotics cause D...not CDIFF so it's hard to say if this is your case. You may want to call your MD and explain your concerns.

I took Keflex months after CDIFF and did OK, it's a high offender so i knew I was fortunate.

Hope it all turns out well for you, remember it's not always CDIFF but I would also be taking probiotics in between

Take Care

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”