9 weeks past FMT

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
jG43
Contributor

9 weeks past FMT

Postby jG43 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Just need some reasssurance. I am almost 10 weeks post fmt by colonoscopy after 10 day dificid with donor from open biome. I had three relapses after taking clindamycin. Relapsed on flagyl, vanco, and vanco taper. Have been doing well since fmt but I am trying to introduce new things into diet. Drank a glass of chocolate almond milk yesterday for breakfast for the first time and within an hour I had bad cramps with D. Had another bout 30 min later. Then just a little M. Today I had a formed hard stool in the morning but later in the afternoon have passed a little M with gas. I guess this is just a bout of ibs? Really hope this is not a relapse. Before this I have been having hard stools almost on the constipated side. I get so anxious when everything is not “normal”. Is it normal to still have ups and downs in recovery this far out from fmt?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 9 weeks past FMT

Postby beth22 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:30 pm

After my FMT, my doctor told me it takes a year or so to heal. For me it was longer and I am still not back to where I was before c difficile. Others have had issues months later as well. Some, like me, can't eat certain foods. Maybe chocolate is one of them for you.

jG43
Contributor

Re: 9 weeks past FMT

Postby jG43 » Sat May 25, 2019 3:42 pm

Thank you. That makes me feel so much better. I keep telling myself that unless I meet the 3 day rule I need to relax eat bland and stay positive. I am having many more good days when I can eat whatever including ice cream but I have a bad day that brings me back down to earth. I have eaten bland today and have been good. I go back for my 3 month follow up with my gi on June 3. I live inTexas and my gi is awesome. He did research studies on fmt in medical school and has had c-diff himself. He has been a Godsend. I have to remind myself that I will not be completely normal just yet. This site has given me so much peace and information. The people on this site really help so much by helping me not to freak out and go get another test every time I have a setback.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”