Twitching.

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
tarap
Regular User

Twitching.

Postby tarap » Fri May 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Just wondering if muscle twitching is normal after cdiff or possibly after flagyl. I would say it started bad about 4 months after recovery of cdiff. My arms also get very shaky since.
I’m 33 year old female.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Twitching.

Postby beth22 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:39 am

Flagyl can have neurological side effects. However, ask your doctor to check you for vitamin and mineral deficiencies. I know calcium and magnesium deficiencies can cause twitching. I had it before (not related to c diff) and was told that. Some people are low on B12, B6, vitamin D, etc. Best to ask the doctor about it and about the Flagyl. I don't know how long those effects can last if it is from Flagyl.

LHutz
Regular Contributor

Re: Twitching.

Postby LHutz » Mon May 27, 2019 1:21 am

It could also be muscle spasms caused by dehydration. When I had c. diff I was not able to stay hydrated despite drinking about 150 oz of fluid a day. I experienced frequent muscle cramps. They subsided once I started taking Vanco and the D stopped.

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”