Relapse after 10 months

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
tarap
Regular User

Relapse after 10 months

Postby tarap » Thu May 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Hello I was wondering if I should be worried about a relapse. I had one bout with cdiff and was treated with flagyl and tested neg. twice after (June/July 2018) I def have been having on and off ibs since. 3 weeks ago I went to the er because I was having a miscarriage. That all went as usual. I have not taken antibiotics since being active with cdiff in 2018. This last Saturday I ate corn on the cob and I have been a mess since. Going a lot loose stools and this morning had two watery diarrhea after waking up. I have little appetite, stomach upset and have lost ten lbs since Saturday. Does this sound like a relapse? My dr said to watch it but is highly unlikely. I also must add that I have been overly stressed. Thanks in advance!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Relapse after 10 months

Postby NanciT » Thu May 23, 2019 9:34 pm

Your MD gave you the best advice, watch it and see how it goes. If symptoms persist, you may consider getting checked out but not for CDIFF. Corn can be very irritating to the gut, I have not had any and several other foods since CDIFF 4 years ago. Its been a slow recovery, some do great and eat anything.

I go bland when things are irritated and see how it goes

Hopefully you will improve and be careful adding new foods right now

NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 am

The other possibility is that you have a virus or you may have picked up something in the ER. If you do test, I would ask to do a stool culture for other pathogens in addition to c difficile, but for now eat bland as Nanci suggested and see if symptoms improve. After my mother died a few months ago, I had some issues too and I think stress had a part in that too.

tarap
Regular User

Postby tarap » Sun May 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Just an update I went to urgent care today they are doing PCR test

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”