Frustrated it might be back

This forum is for discussions related to C. diff. including symptoms, doctors, medical advances, medications, If you are a new poster (joined within the last month), you can post more often for two months from your date of joining. After that time, one post per day only about "you." You can post more often to support others. Post other topics in Free Form Discussion and Chat Forum.
ShannonS
New User

Frustrated it might be back

Postby ShannonS » Thu May 02, 2019 1:29 am

I finished taking the 10 days of Dificid 17 days ago. I still felt rough, well 3 days ago I started getting WD. I didn’t think anything of it, but now yesterday was day 3 of WD going about 5 times a day and I’m seeing M again. My nausea was on and off but now it’s come back full force. I can’t eat because of it and I’m losing weight. I’m feeling weak. I’m calling my GI later today to see what she says, but I’m nervous it’s back. If it is, I don’t know what’s gonna happen since I’ve been on a 14 day course of Vanco, a Vanco taper, and 10 days of Dificid.

roy
Administrator

Re: Frustrated it might be back

Postby roy » Thu May 02, 2019 1:46 am

I read an article recently of a dificid pulse being highly effective for recurrent c.diff.
The course was 2 pills a day for 5 days (10 pills total) followed by 1 pill on alternate days for 20 days (10 pills total).

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Thu May 02, 2019 8:15 am

Shannon
Sorry you are unwell. You need to contact your doctor and let him know that you are having D . Even if you had done a Vanco taper and 10 days of Dificid there are still other treatment options. There is the Dificid taper that Roy already told you about , there is also the FMT.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu May 02, 2019 7:11 pm

Sorry Shannon

I also failed Dificid about the 3rd week after I finished the 10 days. I went on a Dificid taper.......Thankfully it worked.

Talk with your GI about it

Wishing you the best

NanciT

Return to “General C. diff. Discussion”